- 12 ounces ground pork, lean
- 8 ounces penne pasta, whole grain (about 3 cups)
- 3 cup spicy tomato pasta sauce, OR plain tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese, low-fat
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, OR Asiago cheese, freshly grated
Cook pasta in large saucepan with unsalted water according to package directions. Drain well.
Meanwhile, cook ground pork over medium-high heat in large, nonstick skillet about 3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork in to 3/4-inch crumbles. Drain and discard any juices.
Add hot pasta to ground pork in skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and ricotta cheese. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
Calories: 440 calories
Protein: 34 grams
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 570 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 56 grams
Fiber: 7 grams