- 12 ounces boneless pork chops, thinly-cut (1/4-inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, OR feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- To taste, salt and black pepper
Combine the quinoa and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and let the quinoa cook until all the water is evaporated.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add pork and sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked to 145 degrees F., about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic 1 minute before it’s done. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
On a large platter, arrange the lettuce.
In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, queso fresco, red onion, lime zest and juice, cherry tomatoes and English cucumber. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the quinoa over the lettuce, followed by the sautéed pork.
Mix up this salad by adding different vegetables or varying the spices used to season the pork. Garlic salt and black pepper can replace the paprika, or you can jazz things up by adding a dash of cumin when sautéing the pork.
Calories: 360 calories
Protein: 27 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 550 milligrams
Cholesterol: 80 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Fiber: 2 grams