- 1 1/2 pounds pork cutlets, tenderized, 1/4-inch thick, OR boneless pork top loin thin chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon Chef Paul Prudhomme’s® Pork and Veal Magic® season
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 16-oz jar Alfredo sauce with Parmesan cheese, OR Alfredo sauce
- 1 4-oz can mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
If using top loin chops, place each chop between two pieces of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle seasoning and blend evenly on both sides of pork cutlets or chops.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork cutlets. Cook cutlets quickly for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until surfaces are brown and until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with 2 tablespoons more oil and remaining cutlets.
Pour drippings from skillet; discard drippings. Wipe skillet with paper towels. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender but not brown.
Stir in Alfredo sauce, mushrooms, poppy seeds and pepper. Add pork cutlets to sauce mixture in skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Serves 5 to 6
Conveince plays a staring role in this North Dakota State Fair first place recipe from Irene Eslinger of Coleharbor
Calories: 389 calories
Protein: 24 grams
Fat: 31 grams
Sodium: 622 milligrams
Cholesterol: 93 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams