- 1 container Bolognese Sauce, (about 4 cups) *
- 12 ounce fresh ribbon pasta, OR refrigerated, such as pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, dried, crushed
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, part-skim
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
- basil leaves, torn fresh (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Transfer pasta to large pasta bowl.
Meanwhile, bring sauce and Italian seasoning, if desired, to a simmer. Stir in ricotta cheese. Pour sauce over pasta; toss until combined. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Garnish with basil and serve with additional Parmigiano Reggiano, if desired.
Use one recipe of the Bolognese Sauce
Courtesy of Tyler Florence
Using the Bolognese Sauce recipe as a base, this pasta dish only requires heating the sauce with cheeses and cooking the pasta. A flavorful dinner that can be served with tossed greens and a good crusty bread.
Calories: 510 calories
Protein: 30 grams
Fat: 18 grams
Sodium: 320 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 54 grams
Fiber: 4 grams