- 2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cut ribs into 1-rib portions. For sauce, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
Place a large piece of foil over coals beneath grill to catch drippings. Place ribs on grill, about 6 inches above slow coals. Close hood of grill and cook about 20 minutes; turn ribs and cook, covered, 20 minutes more.
Brush ribs with sauce and cook, covered, 25 to 35 minutes more or till done, turning and brushing frequently with sauce.
Tender and tangy, these country style ribs are meaty enough to eat with a fork and knife. Serve with coleslaw, Black-Eyed Pea Salad, hush puppies and baked beans.
Calories: 408 calories
Protein: 28 grams
Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 502 milligrams
Cholesterol: 86 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 43 grams
Fiber: 2 grams