- 1 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 16-19-oz cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 16-oz can tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, undrained
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon, instant
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Hot cooked couscous, (optional)
Place garbanzo beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, raisins, tomato paste, water, garlic, chicken bouillon and cumin in 5-quart slow cooker. Mix until well combined. Place pork slices on top of bean mixture. Cover. Cook on low heat setting 6-7 hours, or until pork is tender. Stir in peanut butter.
Serve over couscous if desired.
Don't let the list of ingredients keep you from trying this slow cooking recipe. Serve along side with couscous and Cool Cucumber Salad.
Calories: 404 calories
Protein: 35 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 507 milligrams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 49 grams
Fiber: 11 grams