- 1 1/3 cups ham, chopped (fully cooked)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped, cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- 9 inch refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, OR Parmesan cheese, grated
In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot butter until tender.
Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell; top with mushroom mixture, broccoli and ham.
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, pepper and nutmeg; pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between outer edge and center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This quiche makes a wonderful addition to a brunch buffet of mini muffins and fresh fruit.
Calories: 313 calories
Protein: 18 grams
Fat: 18 grams
Sodium: 746 milligrams
Cholesterol: 141 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Fiber: 2 grams