- 4 ribeye (rib) pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing grill grate
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
Spicy BBQ Sauce
Chive Mashed Potatoes
Preheat the grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil. Season the chops with a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides.
Place pork on the grill for 8-9 minutes, turning once halfway through, until cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove pork from the grill, tent it with foil; let it rest for 3 minutes.
To make the mashed potatoes, add potatoes to a pot with water, over high heat and boil for 15 minutes. Drain the water and add the heavy cream. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Stir in the chopped chives, salt and pepper.
To make the Spicy BBQ Sauce, heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion until soft and add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, and cayenne. Simmer for 15 minutes so the sauce thickens and turn off heat. Once cooled, puree the sauce in a blender.
Serve the chops alongside the potatoes and a spoonful of BBQ sauce.
4 servings (1 serving: 1 chop, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons sauce)
To give the potatoes a bit of extra decadence, without the work, incorporate a small spoonful of mascarpone or cream cheese for a creamy finish.
Calories: 330 calories
Protein: 65 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 270 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
Fiber: 2 grams