- 3/4 pound boneless fully-cooked ham
- 1/2 cup carrots, diagonally sliced
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
Cut ham into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside. Place carrots in steamer basket over water. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cook fettucine according to package directions. Rinse well with hot water. In a large bowl combine ham, carrots, fettucine and onion.
For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, tarragon and basil; cover and shake well. Pour over fettucine mixture. Toss gently to coat.
Chill 2-4 hours. Toss again before serving.
Need a change from leftover ham sandwiches? Use leftover cubed ham with this pasta salad. Serve as part of a buffet or have as a light lunch with breadsticks and fresh fruit.
Calories: 411 calories
Protein: 27 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Sodium: 1203 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 43 grams
Fiber: 3 grams