- 8 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2-oz can chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can white beans, (cannellini or navy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
Coarsely crumble bacon & set aside. In 2-quart saucepan, stir together tomatoes, broth, beans and seasoning. Bring to a simmer; stir in vinegar. In small bowl, toss together lettuce & basil. Ladle soup into large soup plates or bowls; garnish each serving with crumbled bacon and lettuce & basil.
No-one said that the tomato in a BLT had to be sliced. This fresh soup is quickly made and goes well with grilled cheese sandwiches.
Calories: 240 calories
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 1370 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams