- 2 12-16 oz each pork tenderloins
- 1 6-oz can pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, (kosher)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups pineapple, peeled and cubed (1-inch pieces)
- 6-8 wooden skewers, OR metal skewers
Place pork tenderloins in resealable plastic bag; set aside. In small bowl, combine marinade ingredients; pour over pork. Seal bag; refrigerate for at least 1 hour to marinate, or up to 24 hours to enhance flavor.
Meanwhile, place the pineapple chunks on the skewer; place on grill during the last 6 minutes of grilling time, turning after 3 minutes. To serve, slice pork into 1/2-inch slices (medallions) and serve with grilled pineapple.
Serves 6 to 8.
A bright flavorful accent to grilled pork tenderloin. Chef Su-Mei Yu livens up an Asian-inspired marinated pork tenderloin with grilled pineapple.
Calories: 180 calories
Protein: 26 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 577 milligrams
Cholesterol: 77 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Fiber: 1 grams