Hello, sweet and salty goodness! Do we have a treat for you: Bacon Ice Cream Sandwiches. National Ice Cream Day is July 16, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate the classic sandwich than add bacon. Who is with us?
Follow these easy instructions and you’ll be well on your way to deliciousness.
Bacon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange eight slices of bacon in a row next to each other, touching but not overlapping.
- Weave eight more slices perpendicular until you have a square weaved sheet of bacon. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect. It’s bacon, it’ll be delicious!
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and flip sheet. (Be careful, it’s hot!)
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow bacon sheet to cool.
- Cut sheet of bacon into small, even squares.
- Fill with ice cream and devour!
Bacon Ice Cream Sandwiches hit the spot! You can make each sandwich as large or small as you wish. One sheet of bacon (one pack) makes roughly six small square sandwiches. They are packed with flavor, and even the smallest sandwich is satisfying. If you’re seeking more bacon desserts, look no further than the Grilled Chocolate Chip Bacon S’more! You’ll surely make friends for life with these two bacon desserts. Enjoy!