Yet another excuse to eat bacon: April is National BLT Month. It’s hard to beat the traditional bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Yes, we’re essentially talking about a bacon sandwich! We have five unique ways to celebrate the classic this month as we head into summer.
THE ORIGINAL: Don’t want to mess with a great thing? We don’t blame you one bit! Stick to the basics with the traditional BLT Club Sandwich.
- BLT&G Wrap: Not your typical wrap, this BLT variation stuffed in a tortilla adds guacamole to the mix. Easy to pack as a picnic treat or lunch!
- BLT Soup: You’re wondering why you didn’t think of this sooner. No-one said that the tomato in a BLT had to be sliced. This fresh tomato soup is quickly made and goes well with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- BLT Salad: This fresh, beautiful salad is topped with bacon and a light dressing to compliment any meal. Try pairing with cornbread for the ultimate treat.
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Loin BLT Sliders: Double the pork = double the fun! Loin and bacon are the heart of this slider, with a Dijon remoulade to add an extra kick.
- BLT Burgers: There’s nothing like a pork burger from the grill, topped with bacon of course. This burger will become your new normal!