We’re telling you, Western Breakfast Enchiladas will steal the show at your next breakfast or brunch. Spotlight, please! No more boring breakfasts! The most important meal of the day should be this delicious. Ham to the rescue. Start every day on the right foot! Get more breakfast/brunch recipes here.
Western Breakfast Enchiladas
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup diced bell peppers, any color
½ cup diced onion
8 ounces diced ham steak
8 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded cheese, divided (Monterey Jack, cheddar, or blend)
8-10 corn tortillas
2½ cups red enchilada sauce
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the peppers, onion, and ham. Add salt and pepper to taste, and sauté 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour the eggs over the ham and vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are soft scrambled. Fold in 1 cup of cheese, reserve the rest.
4. Pour a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Dip each corn tortilla in some sauce to soften it, then fill with egg mixture.
5. Pour a layer of sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove foil, top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 additional minutes.
6. Top with optional garnishes, such as diced scallions, sour cream, avocado and salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the great minds at Tasty!