- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin pork chops, cubed
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 40 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 1 30 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz can diced green chiles
Season the pork cubes with salt and pepper to taste. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the pork cubes and chopped onion and sauté. Cook until the pork is lightly browned and the onion is clear.
Recipe Courtesy of Jessica, Good Cheap Eats
In the crock of a 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the pumpkin puree, tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Add the meat mixture, beans, tomatoes, and chiles to the pot. Stir well to combine. Cover with the slow cooker lid and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
Serves 8 - 12
This Spicy Pork Chili with Pumpkin from Good Cheap Eats is a wonderful make-ahead meal, perfect meal gift for friends and family.