- 2 cups cooked pork loin roast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper, diced
- 1 2-oz jar pimento, drained and diced
- 1 3-oz can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- biscuits, OR toast, corn bread, or waffles (optional)
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour, whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in vegetables and seasonings; gently stir in pork and warm through, stirring gently.
Serve over biscuits, if desired.
Biscuits not included on nutritional analysis.
Use leftover pork roast in this traditionally chicken dish. Comfort food to warm up after a day outside. Serve with apple salad.
Calories: 287 calories
Protein: 27 grams
Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 352 milligrams
Cholesterol: 81 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Fiber: 3 grams