1) Preheat oven to 325 to 350 degrees F. (for pork tenderloin, roast at 450 degrees F.).
2) Trim much of the exterior fat from the roast; if roast has no fat cover, rub the surface with 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil. Season roast with herbs and other seasonings, if desired.
3) Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
4) Do not cover; place in oven and roast to an internal temperature of 150 to 155 degrees F. for medium doneness.
5) Remove roast from oven. Allow it to "rest" for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. This resting period allows juices to redistribute. Internal temperature will rise approximately another 5 degrees F.
Read more about Roasting
More recipes with Roasting